Description of Water
Roaring River State Park is located on Highway 112 about 10 minutes south of the town of Cassville, Missouri. The Roaring River Spring flows for nearly three miles and is separated into three fishing zones and a Catch & Release area. Be sure to check the park regulations as to the current regulations in each of the zones.
The park offers many amenities, including more than 150 campsites that feature hot showers, modern restrooms, laundry facilities as well as RV dumping stations. There are also cabins that can be rented, and the Roaring River Inn and Conference Center on the grounds offer some of the nicest lodging available in any of Missouri’s trout parks.
Popular Access Points
- Roaring River State Park (Google Earth Download) (Garmin Waypoint Download)
Maps of Stream
Recommended Fly Patterns
- Mohair Leech (Size: 10)(Color: Olive)
- Crackleback (Size: 16)(Color: Sulphur or PMD)
- Elk Hair Caddis (Size: 18)(Color: Natural)
- Tungsten BH WoolyBugger (Size: 8)(Color: Black, Olive, or Brown)
- Tungsten Flashback BH Hare’s Ear Nymph (Size: 16)(Color: Natural)