Description of Water
Roaring River’s headwater start within Roaring River State Park and flow to Table Rock Lake. The stream itself, outside of the State Park is a managed trout fishery for its entire 6 miles, but the better concentrations of fish lie within the first 3 miles.
The stream is a typical small ozark stream, but there is a variety of water types within this stream. Be sure to bring a smaller fly rod and smaller flies to ensure success on this stream.
Popular Access Points
- Prier Road Walk-In Access (Google Earth Download) (Garmin Waypoint Download)
Maps of Stream
USGS Stream Flow Data
- There are no USGS Stream Gauges on this stream at this time.
Recommended Fly Patterns
- Mohair Leech (Size: 10)(Color: Olive)
- Crackleback (Size: 16)(Color: Sulphur or PMD)
- Elk Hair Caddis (Size: 18)(Color: Natural)
- Tungsten BH WoolyBugger (Size: 8)(Color: Black, Olive, or Brown)
- Tungsten Flashback BH Hare’s Ear Nymph (Size: 16)(Color: Natural)