Description of Water
Capps Creek is the typical small Missouri trout stream, most comparable to the Little Piney, Spring Creek, and perhaps portions of Mill Creek. The stream itself is 9 miles long and begins near Purdy, MO and ends at the confluence of Shoal Creek. Alot of the stream runs through private property, but you never know what you may find if you track down the landowner and ask for permission.
Popular Access Points
- Jolly Mill Walk-In Access (Google Earth Download) (Garmin Waypoint Download)
- Walleye Rd. Walk-In Access (Google Earth Download) (Garmin Waypoint Download)
Maps of Stream
USGS Stream Flow Data
- There are no USGS Stream Gauges on this stream at this time.
Recommended Fly Patterns
- Mohair Leech (Size: 10)(Color: Olive)
- Crackleback (Size: 16)(Color: Sulphur or PMD)
- Elk Hair Caddis (Size: 18)(Color: Natural)
- Tungsten BH WoolyBugger (Size: 8)(Color: Black, Olive, or Brown)
- Tungsten Flashback BH Hare’s Ear Nymph (Size: 16)(Color: Natural)
Stream Specific Links