Description of Water
The Barren Fork Creek flows from County Road AD to its confluence with Sinking Creek. The stream itself flows through some private land is pretty tight quarters with close casts and small rods the order of the day. This stream is comparable in size to Mill Creek and Spring Creek, and the trout are also comparable in size. This stream is not for the faint of heart and you are chasing trout that have survived unmolested by progress for more than 100 years. If you fish this water, remember C&R is the order of the day.
Popular Access Points
- Barren Fork Creek — Hwy A Walk-In Access (Google Earth Download) (Garmin Waypoint Download)
- Barren Fork Creek — Hwy 250-B Walk-In Access (Google Earth Download) (Garmin Waypoint Download)
- Barren Fork Creek — Confluence With Sinking Creek (Google Earth Download) (Garmin Waypoint Download)
Maps of Stream
USGS Stream Flow Data
- There are no USGS Stream Gauges on this stream at this time.
Recommended Fly Patterns
- Mohair Leech (Size: #10)(Color: Olive)
- Tungsten B.H. Zebra Midge (Size: #18)(Color: Olive)