Description of Water
The Stone Mill Spring Branch is a Missouri trout stream that many anglers know nothing about. The reason is simple, in order to fish this stream one must go through the paperwork process that is getting granted access to Fort Leanordwood (including watching the required video!).
Popular Access Points
- Stone Mill Spring Branch (Google Earth Download) (Garmin Waypoint Download)
Maps of Stream
USGS Stream Flow Data
- There are no USGS Stream Gauges on this stream at this time.
Recommended Fly Patterns
- Mohair Leech (Size: 10)(Color: Olive)
- Crackleback (Size: 16)(Color: Sulphur or PMD)
- Elk Hair Caddis (Size: 18)(Color: Natural)
- Tungsten BH WoolyBugger (Size: 8)(Color: Black, Olive, or Brown)
- Tungsten Flashback BH Hare’s Ear Nymph (Size: 16)(Color: Natural)